Saturday, May 22, 2010

Our Garden!

So this year I was determined to plant a garden. Last year I just planted zucchini and summer squash but nothing grew. It was really embarrassing because my sister Melanie said that you can grow anything in Oregon. Well I guess I can't. So this year I was going to change that. So we got new soil to put in and I made this box to protect them from little feet. We bought miracle grow and we found the spot in our backyard that would get the most sun. (if there is any sun in Portland) Yes this year we were going all out.

This is where we planted all of the plants that we got from the store. They were already started so I just had to keep them alive. So far so good. We planted Red tomatoes (front left), Strawberries (next two up from the tomato), two pepper plant (top two to your right), and then a yellow tomato plant (bottom right).


In this area we decide that we would try planting seeds. We planted green beans and cucumbers. Beca loved putting the seeds in the holes. The cucumbers she had a harder time but she did awesome.




Josh was a great help!
I am not a very patient person so after I got all the stuff I went to work. I put the new soil in and built the box to go around it. I made the first garden area that you saw. By the time I was done I was so tired and sore but you have to remember that I was 7 or 8 months pregnant when I was doing this. So when Josh got home he wasn't very happy with me but it was done so he couldn't get to mad. But after that he wouldn't let me do much.


Our cute little garden!
We will keep you posted with how it is doing!

No comments:

Followers